This spring I've made quite a lot of stuff - a pair of mi-parti hose, karelian tunic, a coat and two pairs of shoes. Now, the hose: found a perfect fabric for a fashionable gunner. Double woven, red on one side and with a small squares of blue-grey-black pattern on the other side. Used a very cloth-saving cut here, and based the pattern* on a pair of hose I made last year. I left in about a finger width of seam allowance and ensured the fit by sewing with a long stitch first, with my leg inside. Then I made the finished seam a millimeter inside of the scetch seam.
* Actually "pattern" may be glorifying my "put the fabric to be cut on the bottom, put the model on top, mark where to cut" method of operating with items of clothing similar to what I've done before. It's what I did with even this: